Thursday, October 9, 2008

Independent and Proud

When I read other people's blog posts, I remember why I am an independent. Stereotypes abound on either side of the aisle about the other. Democrats view all Republicans as either Bible-thumping morons or wealthy white people clinging to their riches. Republicans view Democrats as either lazy bums who want government handouts or completely immoral degenerates who are bringing America down.

The truth is, if you go to either extreme, you can find crazies. No kidding. Extreme liberals are just as crazy as extreme conservatives. When candidates vie for those people it makes it difficult to agree with them. I like to think I'm not a crazy liberal wackjob, or a psycho conservative nut. But then I can't vote for either Obama or McCain. Depending on who you listen to, one side is always loopy.

So, I stand free of political ties. I will vote for who I want this fall. I will vote for the one man I believe can lead us out of this mess and make the world love us again. I will vote for the one man America can trust. I will vote for Tom Brokaw. He's good enough for me.

No comments:

Marketplace